Monday, August 31, 2009

Revolutions begin with Haikus in Loos.


Sometimes you need a template that matches the mood (mood = dark, not constipated; also, NO, the mere reference to a toilet in the header does not mean you're invited to make toilet jokes. I've heard them all, anyway. I've even made a few.)

Speaking of headers, many thanks to this girl, whose habit of arming herself with permanent markers and skulking around communal bathrooms occasionally produces interesting results. ;) Welcome to National League of the Underperforming, Jodhpur - even our showers are educational. As the man has rightly said, Revolutions begin in the Bathroom*

We are toying with the idea of doing a whole series of these. 

If you were religiously inclined, for example, you would no doubt appreciate this little effort in that direction (I cater to the masses; after all, it has been so correctly said, pee is the great equalizer*) : 

And now I sit me down to wee
Dear God, I hope the seat is clean
I hope the pot, of proof, is free
Of someone, earlier, having been.


Haiku enthusiasts? 


one stream of water
showerhead blocked (surprise?)
bath will still happen.

also,

O soap that vanished,
i left you on the wash-stand!
soap thief!! i smite thee.

More as and when inspiration/insomnia strikes, or public enthusiasm/support is shown. 

Oh and before I forget - Revelsign, this post is dedicated to you. 

Please don't kill me. I couldn't resist. :D

------

*Or Charles Dickens did, only may have used the words 'Charity' and 'Home' instead. Quiet down, nitpickers, I aim to capture the spirit of quotes; accuracy is SO 1997.

*Susanna Moodie in Life in the Clearings versus the Bush, 1853 (though wrongly attributed to Thomas Carlyle) and she was talking about death, but it's a fairly flexible phrase, no? Oh shut up.

14 comments:

Divya said...

1. Much thanks for blog traffic :D
2. I have a habit of doing what!? You wait, ill put the Sin 3d membership logo on your forehead one of these days when you fall asleep in your room (inverse of) :D
3. Ah what genius I have inspired. Thank you thank you. Providing joy to millions. Or, er, a couple dozen.

Divya said...

1. Much thanks for blog traffic :D
2. I have a habit of doing what!? You wait, ill put the Sin 3d membership logo on your forehead one of these days when you fall asleep in your room (inverse of) :D
3. Ah what genius I have inspired. Thank you thank you. Providing joy to millions. Or, er, a couple dozen.

ramsub said...

actually I disagree with pee being the great equalizer, in fact thats one respect in which I must admit that boys and girls are different and maybe the guys have the upper hand.

theres that joke about a little boy and a litte girl arguing about who's better boys or girls, and the boy to prove his point, makes a circle on the wall with his pee.

I admit (much as I don't want to) that girls simply can't do that.

ramsub said...

poop on the other hand may be the actualy equalizer...... (it just hit me, the Idea, not poop!)

Virus© said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Virus© said...

You girls do posters? The notice is as good as any http://www.asofterworld.com comic.

I'm buying one if you plan to sell it.

narendra shenoy said...

Such a poetic subject. I am inspired. May I? Thank you.
In this loo
I strain and stoop
For a fart or two
And with luck, some poop.

revelsign said...

hmmph.

*glares*

however, i do agree with the principles behind the revolution...anything for better bathrooms, dear ones.

indiegurl said...

@divi - you get blog traffic in exchange for being known as a bathroom skulker? FINE with me :D

@ramu - the need to pee, i was thinking of. not the process. but yes, i am perfectly capable of appreciating in someone else, some skilful pee-time peewee maneouvreing (now THAT is a word i am forever afraid of misspelling.. phew).

@deleted - chor! i want my comment back! :(

@virus - you will buy?! you really will?? really?!

ahem.

i mean.. of COURSE you'll buy. Of COURSE this stuff is good enough to buy. Good enough to pay hard cash for. Yes. We should negotiate. :)

@shenoy saar - as poignant as always. excuse me while i cry a little cry. ;)

JD said...

the following haiku, presented itself at night, in a loo with its only light bulb fused, causing worries of sideways spillage -

my fluorescent pee
lights up the dark room
falls into place


RT such a poetic subject.

Divya said...

Peeple, pee now or forever hold your pees. And then, do not wonder, to pee or not to pee... :D :D

Yes, yes, you think I need therapee. I get it... Don't be so pissamistic. I'll get pissed off if you do. :D

Just remember, you love me. :D

Virus© said...

Ask blogger. They stole it.

Does it come in frames? Do you sign the posters? Is shipping free? Are there any hidden charges? [As if you are gonna tell] Do I get goodies with it?

There's lot to discuss.

Hakuna Matata said...

You know, the context puts a whole new perspective into 'goodies' .

indiegurl said...

@divi - YES i love you and this is firm proof, clearly, that love is blind, deaf, dumb and paralysed from neck down. :P

@virus - sure I'll sign it, and so will divya, who both wrote the quote and photographed it. and "is shipping free" - really? considering we're extremely broke, extremely desperate college students, if you're willing to pay us enough, we'll ship it/fly it/have it hand delivered by scarlett johansson in a miniskirt if you want. :)

oh, and you can keep scarlett johansson. she has 'goodies' enough for anyone, i should think. :P

@sindhu - please show meghana the question and your reply. show her when i'm around! :D